Monday, January 16, 2017

December Desert Getaway

December 2016 was a busy month and there never seemed to be enough time to work on my blog posts however I had some fun photos I wanted to share of a little Bizcation we took right before Christmas so decided to go ahead and post our adventure.  
Our weekend getaway started with an icy trip to the airport. It was my first time waiting on the tarmac for the plane I was on to be de-iced but we were finally cleared for take off and on our way to ...... 


Las Vegas is the location of an annual business convention held every December that Mr. Wonderful occasionally attends. I have tagged along a few times and on each trip he has planned fun day trips for us away from the strip. This year we explored the desert. 
Petroglyphs
Mouse's Tank
This natural basin collects water when it rains making it the perfect hideout for the Southern Paiute Indian named "Little Mouse" who was accused of killing  two prospectors.
As we were leaving the Valley of Fire we saw this Big Horn Sheep on the side of the road. I was so excited I forgot to roll down my window which is why my photo has a red shadow on the side. 
Once we had stopped at all the sites at the Valley of Fire we headed the opposite direction to Red Rock Canyon.
By this time it was late afternoon and we knew that we were in a race with the sun.  
Thankfully we made it just in time to see the beautiful landscape 
and
watch the magnificent desert sunset!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Terrific photos!! I had never heard of Valley of Fire before. What an amazing place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...