Thursday, February 18, 2016

weekend Baking Bonanza { cookies, pie .... }

cheesecake, muffins & marshmallows...
OH MY!
Last weekend we had two special Valentine dinners, one Saturday evening and the other on Sunday evening. The Saturday menu was gluten free and included marinated pork loin, homemade honey mustard, cranberry wild rice and spinach salad. I made mini gluten free cheesecake for dessert as well as cookies which were not gluten free. On Sunday our menu was not specifically gluten free and included curry apple chicken {apples cut into hearts}, orzo and tossed salad. I also made a French Silk Pie and also served cookies again. 
Our daughter was home from college over the weekend so on Sunday morning we had a full blown breakfast which included heart shaped Raspberry Streusel Muffins.
While I was at it I decided to try making Homemade Marshmallows. I was hoping to cut them into hearts however none of my heart shaped cookie cutters were the right size and there was no time to run out to buy a new one so...
...I cut them into squares instead.
Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...