Saturday, March 5, 2016

Chocolate Cake { gluten free ~ cake mix }

Last weekend for Sunday Supper I wanted to try using a gluten free cake mix as a comparison and possibly an occasional alternative to making gluten free cake from scratch. Surprisingly, there were very few GF cake mix choices at the particular market we stopped at, in fact, I could only find one brand so there was not a lot of comparison involved which meant 
the only decision I was really faced with was whether I should make a 
double layer cake or cupcakes.  
Such a sweet brand name and cute packaging!
The cake was very easy to make and turned out perfect. Since I was going the easy route with this cake I decided to make "7 Minute Frosting" which is no fuss and tastes great. 
Everyone loved the cake so I would say it is a winner!  I will definitely be picking up another one of these cake mixes to have on hand for those occasions when I need a quick gluten free dessert. 

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Your frosting is BEAUTIFUL!! .....all those little curly Qs...... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...