Thursday, June 20, 2013

Grad Party Invites

These were our 
GRAD Party invitations!

Remember the handmade tassels & brads I was working on in May?? They were for the invites! I also made the clear cellophane straps that are wrapped around the invites. Since it is an accordion style fold the cap was popping up, which bothered me, so I came up with the idea of a strap to hold the cap down. To make the strap I simply cut a small cellophane bag I had into strips and then slipped one up over the tip of each cap. It worked perfectly. 

Why 2 invites?

Due to some unexpected additions and changes to our already busy end of the school year schedule and the fact that the folded invites were taking much longer to make than I had originally planned, I had to quickly come up with another, more simple version that I could easily print and mail.  I decided to design the second invite with elements from the first one so that they would be somewhat similar. The result,  two complimentary styles of GRAD invites. I also made Miss E some fun personalized "graduation" return address labels and we used monogram stickers to seal the sparkly envelopes.

To read more about the handmade tassels and brads go here 
Grad Cupcakes and Cookies go here
Grad Cards go here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...