Sunday, April 14, 2013

Saturday project ~ YARDSTICK BOXES!

I am so excited about my new 
yardstick boxes!!
Two years ago I bought three yardsticks in the hopes of turning them into party favors for my Sweet Simplici"tea" but time ran short and I had to put the idea on the back burner. Yesterday however,  I was finally able to mark this little project off my to~do list {YAY} and I am SO HAPPY with how they turned out! Ron actually helped me with them since I needed to use his tools to make the boxes. My part was mostly design and supervision while he was in charge of  power tools and project construction. I have to say I did not come up with this cute idea. The inspiration actually came from a wonderful yardstick box my mother purchased at the Temecula Quilt Co. in Temecula ,  CA. I noticed it one day while I was in her sewing room and I had been wanting to make some ever since. 

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Golly-Gee....they turned out great!! Looks as if you used up every scrap. They make a wonderful 'collection' to hold your treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...