Sunday, May 15, 2011

s w e e t simplici"tea"!

Yesterday was our annual Mother/Daughter tea party.  
It was sew much fun!
The theme was sewing/quilting so I incorporated gingham, calico, buttons, trims, vintage patterns, stitching, pins, needles and patchwork everywhere I could. 


Each year I make a paper crown for our Mother to wear at the party. Since the invitations were paper quilted (to see my invitations go here: Paper Quilting) I continued that theme when I made the crown. It is embellished with buttons, beads, glitter and a medallion that I made with leftover matching paper. On the inside I sewed a label with her name and date. The back is tied with ribbons and is adjustable. 


  
I made pincushion/sewing kits out of a jam sized canning jars for everyone and filled them with spools of thread, needles, scissors, thimble and some individually wrapped strawberry candies and a Hershey Kiss. I made a banner with leftover fabric from the tablerunner and napkins and another banner with vintage pattern envelopes and clothes pins. 


These were the programs that were given to each guest. 

"Stash" tea party favors, "cute as a button" shortbread cookies and the tablerunner. 


I made gingham napkins and used a pink tape measure to tie them. 


I chose this handmade family heirloom gingham apron to wear while serving tea. 

1 comment:

  1. The tea was wonderful. Everything was beautiful and delicious! I'm glad you can finally share all the wonderful things you made. However, I notice you didn't show the food!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...