Monday, October 25, 2021

Taco’s with a Twist x 2 = easy

Last week I made two Taco Bake dinners, one for our neighbors and one for us. 
As you can see already, these are not your typical tacos. Instead of using taco shells to hold the meat and fillings I lined a pie plate with homemade bread dough. 
While the Taco Bake dough was rising I began cooking the taco meat and also made a colorful salad and some homemade Avocado Salad Dressing which I assembled in a clear bowl. Since it is getting close to Halloween and this meal was being delivered to our friends who have young kids I decided to add a little Olive Spider to the top of the dressing just for fun.
Once the dough had doubled I topped it with the cooked seasoned hamburger and put it in the oven to bake. When the edges began to turn golden brown I took it out and covered the top with cheese which melted over the meat. 
My idea for the salad, which actually has more lettuce hidden below the toppings, was that it could either be tossed with the dressing or could be used as toppings for the Taco Bake. The Taco Kit was ready to go. 
To complete the meal I baked a pan of Apple Squares. I considered Apple Empanadas but settled on Apple Squares instead because they are quick and easy and so good. I drizzled some icing over the top which looked a bit like a spiderweb so I could not resist adding a plastic spider to the dessert as well. 
As my family knows I love a theme, even at meal time. So spiders it was.
I will be back soon with another Meal Delivery idea.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...