Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Roasted Sweet Potato and Wild Rice Salad

Roasted sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables and it is no wonder since they are so sweet. They are great warm or cold and are a wonderful addition to salads. 
This rice salad is easy to make and so tasty that I like it anytime.
While the sweet potatoes are roasting I cook some wild rice and chop some apples and avocados. 
Once the sweet potatoes have cooled I toss everything together including salad dressing, usually whatever I have on hand, and then top the salad with toasted nuts such as pecans, almonds, pine nuts or whatever I am in the mood for. 
Sometimes we dress our individual serving of salad ourselves, since we all have different preferences, which works well too.
This was quite the hardy dinner for spring but sometimes that is just the right thing for a cold, rainy spring day. 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...