Thursday, June 24, 2021

Birthday Charcuterie: DIY graze celebration numbers

Charcuterie boards come in all shapes, sizes and themes however not all are arranged on boards.
Another option is to use number and/or letter boxes so this month I decided to give that a try and began searching for paper machete 3D numbers. Since this was a last minute idea, time was of the essence, and after a quick search I discovered the size and exact numbers I wanted were not as readily available as I had hoped. So I had to go with plan B which was making them myself. I was low on poster board so I decided to try using a recycled box instead. 
The first step was finding or making a large template or using stencils for the numbers. Unfortunately I did not have anything that was the right size or the shape that I wanted and thought it would be faster to draw them myself instead of messing around with graphics and printing oversized numbers. So that is what I did and before long I had some numbers I thought would work. Once they were sketched and cut out the next step was turning them into boxes. With the remaining parts of the box I cut several 1 3/4 inch strips to use as the sides. 
The strips were then lined up along the edge of a number and taped in place with clear packaging tape as they were positioned around the shapes. It was actually easier and went much faster than I had anticipated.
Once the sides were attached the inside of each number box was cleaned and then lined with parchment paper before filling with red, white and blue snacks.
A few little flags were added since our theme was patriotic and some flowers just for fun. I'm not sure if I can figure out a way to use the "6"  and "0" again but making new numbers or letters should go much faster the next time.

Happy Thursday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...