Thursday, January 7, 2021

Handmade Christmas Cards / thank you notes

After the Christmas I set out to make some primitive Christmas cards with felted wool. 
I had a good supply on hand thanks to my mother who gave me several bags of the trimmings she saved from her past wool projects, all separated by color and many pieces ready to iron on. 
The scraps were perfect for this Christmas Tree card which went together quickly because of the precut scraps. The bow on the trunk was actually made with one of the burlap strings that came off when I cut out the burlap rectangle. Too good to go to waste of course. 
Once those were finished I was still in a tree type of mood so made a paper tree card next. Since I already had the red felted wool out I cut a couple small hearts to add. Then, to make the stitching perforations around the edge of the circle I used an old rotary tool I have and added a little snow with my ink stamps and heating tool for a tiny bit of texture and dimension. 
The Washi tape and sequins were the finishing touches on this card along with the red and white bow on the glittery tree trunk.
You can never have enough buttons and these beauties came in a jar along with the felted wool scraps. It was hard to choose from so many different types however the process of elimination finally produced the perfect buttons to finish these fun primitive cards.  

Have a wonderful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...