Monday, January 25, 2021

Blueberry Donut Muffins: ---------------------------------------------- an old classic with a new twist --------------

These muffins have been a family favorite as long as I can remember. Our mother used to make them for us growing up and of course I make them for my family. Needless to say they are a favorite here too. We love them. So why mess with something that is already so good? No reason really, except that I wanted to try something new. 
It also happens that this month I have been on a frozen blueberry kick and trying to find new ways to use some of the fresh blueberries we picked from our garden last summer and stored in the freezer. So Saturday I decided to try using some to make a topping for my muffins.  Once I mixed up the muffins and put them in the oven to bake I made a very small batch of blueberry sauce. A little test batch for only a few muffins just in case it did not work or we did not care for the taste.
Once the muffin were finished baking I let them cool a few minutes so that they were easier to handle. Then, instead of dipping them in melted butter I dipped them instead in the homemade blueberry sauce and then the cinnamon sugar. The result was wonderful. 
They were so good. In fact, a friend stopped by to have coffee with the hubs shortly after I had finished making them and while they were still warm. I was told he chose the blueberry topped version. Apparently he commented on how much he liked it so I'll consider that a thumbs up and will have to do it again the next time I make a batch of donut muffins. 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...