Tuesday, November 24, 2020

paper punch pumpkins and thank you card

Thanksgiving is almost here and we are busy preparing.
The table has been reset several times and each time I think of something new to add, like this cute little paper punch pumpkin. 
My idea is to use the pumpkins as place cards or maybe small food  signs or both. Thankfully there is still time, but only a smidge, to decide where to put them. It will also depend on how many I can get finished as it does take a little extra time to shade all the edges, cut out the leaves {since I do not have a punch for that size} and make the stems, which are green pipe cleaners wrapped with florist tape. I had trouble at first finding something that would work as a  stem/curly tendril so I ended up  improvising one. 
It is always nice to have cards made ahead and ready to send. A couple weeks ago was in the mood to make something with a Thanksgiving theme so came up with this little notecard. For the front I hand cut the flowers, acorn and leaves out of preprinted paper. 
To decorate the inside I used a punch to make flowers and tiny leaves similar to the front and added the white dots in the centers with a tooth pick and white paint.
 I also like to decorate the backs too so added a matching flower there as well. 
Just some quick and simple paper projects for Thanksgiving.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...