Wednesday, November 25, 2020

A Table for TWO ~ fall dinners

What to cook for dinner? That question can sometimes stump me when we are cooking for just the two of us. And when I say "we" I do mean both of us. Mr. Wonderful does a fair share of cooking these days and I must say he is quite the cook. 
One night we decided on oven baked pork ribs and spicy baked beans which was easy.
Cornbread sounded good with that but we did not need leftovers so I cut down my recipe and just made two servings. 
It has been a rainy, cold week so soup sounded good one night. 
We had not had minestrone soup in a while so I started that and made some focaccia bread to go with it. The leftover bread would have made great sandwiches however we enjoyed it with leftovers and also as a snack. 
Of course, there is always dessert at our house after dinner and this week we have been on a cookie kick. That is because Mr. Wonderful put in a request. He is not typically big on desserts however he does love to have cookies with his coffee in the morning and had just finished up some gingersnaps and asked for either snickerdoodles or chocolate crinkles next. So cookies it was! 
We went with snickerdoodles first. The recipe makes a lot so I put half of the batch in the freezer and once the others were gone I made the chocolate crinkle cookies.  
Now it is time to focus on our Thanksgiving menu and maybe a new recipe or two.

Have a wonderful Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...