Thursday, November 12, 2020

A can of Pumpkin = cookies, scones & soup

Last weekend I was in the mood for Pumpkin Scones because this is the perfect season for them. In fact, I usually only make them in October and November however the opportunity had not presented itself until Sunday. Finally, a perfect morning to make a batch. 
I always try to keep a few cans of pumpkin on hand however I only had large cans this time. That was much more than my recipe calls for but I decided to go ahead anyway and save the rest to make some other pumpkin treats. Once the scones were finished baking I plated some of them up to give away since we cannot eat an entire batch ourselves.
They are so quick and easy to make and go great with coffee or tea. A perfect autumn morning combination. 
The days have turned cold and rainy for the most part just as you would expect in November, and, with the chill in the air it makes it the perfect time for soup.  So, I decided to use some of the leftover pumpkin to make a spicy soup for dinner.  
This Spicy Pumpkin Soup is especially good when topped with roasted spiced up garbanzo beans, fried bacon pieces and then sprinkled with some feta cheese. 
Well, even after making scones and soup I still had enough pumpkin puree to make two dozen pumpkin cookies which are one of Mr. Wonderful's favorite fall cookies. 
This time, instead of using raisins I substituted currants and, as always, mixed in some chopped pecans too.
A big can of pumpkin goes a long way! 

Have a Thankful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...