Friday, March 15, 2019

Happy {belated} Pi Day!

Yesterday was 3.14 which was National Pi Day! I always send a text to all the kids to wish them Happy Pi Day. They think I am nerdy but in reality I just like a reason to celebrate.
π
Of course I like to make a pie for Pi Day however last night there were just two of us for dinner so I decided to make 2 mini pies instead.
Since I do not have any mini pie plates I decided to use ramekins.
To make the pies I just used my old favorite apple pie recipe and reduced it down to what I thought would work. 
As it turned out it was the perfect amount for two.
My Pi symbol did not have as much flare as I had hoped but I did not have much pie crust left to work with and I was in a hurry so didn't have time to be fussy.
We covered our warm pies with ice~cream so the simple Pi symbol didn't really last for long anyway. Miss E and I enjoyed every last bite of our Pi Day mini apple pies!

π

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...