Saturday, December 15, 2018

Gingerbread men cupcakes & tree

This week I needed dessert for two parties. Last Sunday night was our annual neighborhood progressive Christmas dinner party. I had a conflict and could not make the planning meeting and was assigned to bring "a plate of fabulous cookies". Yikes! The word fabulous made me a bit nervous since that set the bar pretty high in my book but I love a challenge. The theme was Italian and someone was making tiramisu so I decided to make biscotti however that alone did not seem to reach the "fabulous" mark so I added a gingerbread tree.
While I was cutting out the stars for my gingerbread tree I decided to cut out mini gingerbread men from the scraps of cookie dough and use them as cupcake toppers. Thursday was our ladies Bible Study Christmas dinner and I was taking gingerbread cupcakes for dessert. What would be more perfect on the top than little gingerbread men?!
These little guys were the perfect size.
The gingerbread tree was a hit.
I thought I would throw in a photo of my biscotti too.
You can't go wrong with gingerbread. It is simple, festive and delicious!

Have a wonderful Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...