Thursday, December 27, 2018

Christmas Baking

The kitchen has been running at full capacity again this week. 
On Christmas Eve our family was invited to have dinner with our friends and their family so I had decided I would take a dessert. Since I was already planning on making an Eggnog Cranberry Bundt cake for our Christmas Dinner I decided to split the batter and make a smaller Bundt Cake for us and use the rest of the batter to make mini Bundlet cakes to share with our friends. It worked out perfect and saved a little time in the process. 
For our Christmas Dinner I baked our traditional and favorite Braided Cardamom Bread.
This month was so busy I was afraid I would not get all the cookies made that I had on my list which I had even trimmed down. However, last weekend I finally found some time and had a baking bonanza and then, very early on Christmas morning, I squeezed in the final batch. Mission Accomplished! We had Spritz cookies, Nordie bars, Swedish Almond Cookies, gingerbread men and Russian Tea cakes. Now we have plenty of cookies to get us through until New Years. 

Have a very Merry day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...