Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Christmas baking...Oh What Fun!

Old recipes are some of the best and I have a lot of favorites that I clipped and saved from our local newspaper, back before social media. The Oregonian FOODDAY section, which was extremely popular, was only printed once a week so Thursdays paper was always my favorite. It was full of tips, ideas and lots of great recipes, including seasonal.
As you may have guessed, this Cranberry ~ Pecan Scone recipe is one I saved from FOODDAY many years ago. It was shared by the Neighborhood Baking Co. and may have been in the Restaurant Requests section which was also a favorite.
The original recipe called for toasted walnuts however I substituted toasted pecans this time since that is what I had on hand. 
They are easy to make and served 12 which was perfect for our ladies brunch last Saturday.
Cranberry Pecan Scones go great with coffee or tea and are perfect for the holidays. 

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. I love those !! I remember when you used to make Dutch Babies. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...