Tuesday, September 4, 2018

diy BARN QUILT!

Making a Barn Quilt has been on my to~do list for a long time.
Mr Wonderful made me the wood base quite a while back out of some leftover fence boards. In fact, he made it as soon as I asked and not just one but two, which is not surprising. My wood square was ready to go about a year ago however choosing the pattern and colors turned out to be the big hold up, which is not a surprise either. So there sat my unfinished square boards. 
Finally, yesterday morning, after all that time, I decided to Just Do It.
Since fall is in the air and college football has started I was in the mood for something with black, orange and white colors. I felt any of those would work but ultimately decided on plain black and white for my first barn quilt. Simple and versatile seemed like a good place to start. Next I chose an easy pattern which I believe is morning star, however, I will have to verify that with my mother. She is an amazing quilter and will know for sure. 
After the paint dried I sanded it lightly to give it a worn, vintage look. It just needs a coat of sealer now and then it will be ready to hang on our porch. Just for fun I grabbed a couple pumpkins from our garden to add that bit of orange I wanted. I love how it turned out and can't wait to start the next one.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting to have a barn quilt!!! Black & white is such a good choice to use with orange pumpkins (GO OSU!!) for Fall decorating. Such a good idea to have more than one (or more) boards so you can change it out.......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...