Thursday, August 2, 2018

a morning walk in the woods

Summertime is my favorite time for walks especially Saturday morning with Miss E to go get coffee. It seems everyone these days has some sort of fun device on their wrist that tells them how far they have walked or even run for that matter. Young and old alike are counting their steps and keeping track of their miles. As for me, I have always guesstimated how far my walks were since I did not want to switch to a different watch. That is, up until last week.
Recently  the weather has been pretty hot so I started walking at lunchtime when it is just a bit cooler instead of after supper. Since the noon walk is a new route, as usual, I began wondering about the distance. In the grand scheme of things it didn't really matter how far or how quickly I walked however my curiosity got the best of me after Miss E told me about a free App I could get on my phone. I downloaded it then and there and tried it out after dinner that night. It was so easy to use and after a nice evening walk along my usual route I discovered that my guesstimates were actually pretty close to the actual distance.
I used it again last Saturday morning on our walk to get iced coffee's. We love the little path through the woods and now I know just how far it is there and back and how long it took us.
I think the Nike Run Club app is just what I needed.

Have a wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...