Friday, November 24, 2017

Cranberry Chutney ~ Thanksgiving 2017

It is always fun to try new recipes for the holidays. Usually I have decided well in advance on everything that I am making for a big holiday dinner however, once in awhile I discover a recipe at the last minute that I feel a need try and this was one of those times. 
I had been looking through my Taste of Oregon Cookbook for something completely unrelated to Thanksgiving and my book opened up to this Cranberry Chutney recipe. It was Wednesday evening and my kitchen was in full operation at the time but I knew instantly I wanted to try it. I quickly read through the list of ingredients and as luck would have it I had everything on hand so it was a GO. 
It took no time at all to get the ingredients prepped, in the pot and to a boil. While it gently simmered for the next hour I had time to get back to preparing other items on the menu.
Now that it is all said and done I must say it was well worth the slight detour from my timeline.
This Cranberry Chutney was great and I will definitely make it again. 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...