Monday, November 27, 2017

Pumpkin Pies with leaf cutout crusts

This was the year of the fancy cutout pie crust. I have admired the beautiful pies with the decorative crusts in magazines and online for several years. They look so festive for the holidays and so I decided that this year I would kick my baking up a notch. 
I found some cute fall leaf and acorn cutters on sale for a total of less than $3.00 so I figured why not give it a try.
The crusts took a little longer to make of course but they looked pretty cute as I put them in the refrigerator to chill a bit while I made my pumpkin filling. 
The pies didn't bake up quite as perfect as they usual do but they tasted just the same. The leaves and acorns made the crust quite a bit thicker than usual and as for me, I prefer mostly pumpkin and whipped cream with a minimal amount of crust. I am not sure whether or not I will make crusts like this again but it sure was fun to try.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...