Friday, April 4, 2014

Spaghetti Squash

A few weeks ago some friends were talking about Spaghetti Squash and how they use it as a substitute for spaghetti noodles. I was instantly curious since I had never cooked or eaten spaghetti squash before and bought one the next time I was at the store.  I could hardly wait to try it.
It was very easy to cook. I just split the spaghetti squash in half and put each half face down on a foil lined cookie sheet. I brushed olive oil on both sides of the squash and also a little on the foil, sprinkled it with salt and pepper and baked at 350℉ for about 30 minutes. 
Once it was tender I removed it from the oven and used a fork to loosen and separate the strands of flesh on the inside of the squash. I scraped my fork gently from the outside edge down to the center until I had gone around the entire shell. It was so quick and easy.
I topped it with homemade spaghetti sauce and it was delicious. 

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a delicious change from "the usual"!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...