Wednesday, July 17, 2013

✯✯ Cowboy Caviar ✯✯

I am not sure how long Cowboy Caviar has been around but I just discovered it a week ago and I am hooked! Thankfully I heard the hostess who served this delicious appetizer mention the name so as soon as I got home I began looking through my cookbooks and online for a recipe. In my search I discovered there are recipes for this everywhere, dozens of recipes, which makes me wonder how in the world I had never heard of it before. One thing I found while comparing recipes is that they are all slightly different, not only the ingredients but variations of the name too. Since I had no idea which one would be similar I came up with my own version in hopes of recreating the one I had tried and I think it is pretty close. In fact, I made some the very next day and now our kids love it too. Actually I have made it twice in the last week and both batches are gone. It is definitely a new family favorite!!
Here is my version of Cowboy Caviar, at least so far. I am still experimenting with ingredients however after adding and changing a few things this is what I used the second time around for our Old Fashioned Backyard BBQ. Also, some recipes call for Italian salad dressing in lieu of vinegar and lemon juice. I haven't tried that yet but I'm sure it is good as well.  

Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and is nutritious too. (and I made a rhyme LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful and the fact that it is healthy too is a nice bonus.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I think I will give this a try. - Lu

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...