Saturday, August 10, 2024

PAINTING THE ENTRY … Walls & Ceiling

Our Home Update Project 2024 moves to the ENTRY.
If you are just tuning in we have been updating our 1980's home.
Out with the OLD and in with the NEW.
However, before we can replace our old 1980's light fixture we must paint our 
VAULTED Ceiling Entryway.  
Did I mention this is a DIY Project?! 
The hubs had just finished installing the new stairs, rails and balusters, as well as DIY paneling. New carpet had been installed also so before we started we needed to cover it all in paper and plastic. DONE!
To be honest, I was not much help on this next phase. Actually, I have not contributed much muscle power to any of it however I try to pitch in whenever or however I can. My role is more about choosing the paint colors, carpet, stair components, fixtures, etc. Other than that, this is basically a one man show!
We decided ladders were just not going to work for what this phase entailed which was painting the high walls, the ceiling and hanging a new light fixture. So, the hubs rented scaffolding. We needed three sections to get close to the ceiling and even then he needed a step ladder and/or an extended roller. Each piece of the scaffolding was very heavy. My main job was to keep each section steady as he lifted them up and even that was difficult.
I am not sure I was even keeping them steady...
{ actually I am SURE I was NOT }
 ...but he assured me I was. What a great Coach!
The third section was too tall for me so I got out of the way and he constructed the rest
{all of it} by himself. Give credit where credit is due and he definitely deserves all the credit.

DONE!!
Whew... he finished the job with no injuries!
But wait .... 
before he disassembles the scaffolding he needs to take down our
old 1980's light fixture
and hang the NEW ONE. Stay tuned!


Happy Saturday !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...