Wednesday, August 31, 2022

GOLF TEE Wedding Boutonnière

While helping with P&B’s wedding I got a wild idea! A wonderful, fun and easy idea for a wedding boutonnière. I know our boys do not have much interest in things like that but it is traditional so I figured if I kept it toned down the groom just might go for it.
So, it occurred to me, since he loves to play golf he might agree to a simple golf themed Boutonnière. Nothing flashy, just a modest DIY fern and burlap little pin for his lapel. 
The groom is pretty easy going but I thought the best plan of action should be to check with the bride~to~be first and get her blessing and then ask the groom. She was on board and liked the idea so I moved ahead and asked the groom and he was fine with it too!
Unfortunately, by the time I got the green light for my boutonnière, my sample had dried up and curled tight around the tees leaving red fern dust all over so I had to make a new one. This time I used younger fern leaves that did not have any spores on the bottom side and pressed them flat while they dried. They turned out perfect but were much more fragile than the more mature leaves with the spores. To remedy that I bought one artificial fern sprig on sale at Joanns for $1 and cut a couple leaves down to size to stabilize the delicate dried fern leaves. This time I also added a sprig of baby’s breath and used a drop or two of hot glue at the base to be sure it all held together. I wasn’t taking any chances this time since we were so close to the wedding day by now.
It was the perfect boutonnière for our golf enthusiast groom and just what his lapel needed! I love when a plan comes together :) 

Happy Last Day of August!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...