Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Bridal Shower :: HIGH HEEL CUPCAKES

Aren’t these fun? High Heel Cupcakes for the Bride~to~Be!
These cute high heel cupcakes were the focal point of the dessert table at our soon to be daughter~in~law’s bridal shower. 
The Bride had asked me if I would make cupcakes for her bridal shower and of course I said YES. She requested two flavors, Orange and Blueberry Lemon, and left the rest of the details up to me.
A few weeks ahead of the shower I made trial batches of both to be sure the flavors were just right and to figure out just how I wanted to decorate them. Since I only had three taste testers { me, myself and I...haha } there were at least a couple of leftover test cupcakes which I kept eyeing because something, possibly an idea, continued nagging at me. At the same time I was thinking about how to display the cupcakes on the dessert table, which I knew would be a desk, although I did not see it until the day of the shower. Then it finally came to me. I would save one cupcake of each flavor and make them into High Heels and display them on a separate plate. So, just to be sure the idea would work, I gave it a quick try. I took a leftover cupcake and some leftover frosting from the practice batch and turned it into a pretty High Heel shoe and was sold on the idea instantly. 
The day before the shower I made all the cupcakes and, as planned, set aside one cupcake in each flavor for the High Heels. Once they were frosted I assembled them on a clear glass plate. 
The High Heels were treated as if they were the top of a wedding cake and placed at the highest point on the dessert table. They even had their own DIY terra cotta pedestal cake stand. Then to elevate the cupcakes a little more I used an old crate which was flipped upside down and then covered with Something Old which was a special embroidered family heirloom hankie that happened to match the wedding colors. 
The desk was a perfect place to serve the cupcakes and was just the right size. 
The fancy cupcakes for the Bride were a fun surprise and made a great centerpiece. It was a wonderful afternoon and, as you might have guessed, there is more to share. So, I will be back soon with a little more about the rest of the cupcakes and some other DIY bridal shower projects. 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...