Saturday, July 9, 2022

Big Edible Birthday Card

This might be the largest DIY birthday card I have ever made.
Sometimes it is fun to do something different and unexpected and this definitely fit the bill. 
To get started I wrote down a few sentences that included the names of candy. Next, I went shopping for supplies. Once I had a variety of candy I started the layout. That took a little more time as there was not a lot of extra room because of all the different candy I wanted to use but eventually it worked. I printed the sentences and then started gluing it all down. My original plan was to make a very large envelope to put the card in however I thought of the idea too late and ran out of time which was disappointing. Instead I decided to wrap it like a present however that was difficult due to the weight of the wrapping paper. So finally, I ended up using a plastic garbage bag to cover it. That worked well and kept it a surprise until the time was right to present the big card. It was a hit. He has a sweet tooth so this card may not last long but the memories will! 

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...