Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Easy Peasy DIY Pumpkin Decorations

This has got to be the most simple little craft project ever! It is not only cute but practical too and that is exactly what inspired me. 
It all started a couple weeks ago when we were getting ready to go spend the weekend with Miss E. I thought it would be fun to take her a holiday decoration which usually means something handmade and likely seasonal.  Pumpkins were the first thing that came to mind however I had to consider the size and whether it would be disposable or something reusable that might need to be stored as space is limited. Well, these cute pumpkins fit the bill!
That is because they are
no~sew
TOILET PAPER PUMPKINS. 
Yes, toilet paper! No stuffing, glue, or stitching required and so quick and easy to make. Just fabric wrapped around a roll of TP.  The other great thing about them is when pumpkin season is over you just remove the fabric which folds flat and makes storage easy and the TP can go back on the shelf. Easy Peasy! Of course choosing the fabric is fun and so is picking out the stems and leaves. I tried cinnamon sticks for stems which was really cute and smelled good too. Then I remembered that we had a pile of branches from a tree we trimmed so I asked the hubs to cut one into some varied short lengths. They worked great also. To complete the the pumpkins I just added some silk leaves and ribbon. The variety of fabrics and embellishments make each one unique. Once I got started it was hard to stop so I ended up with plenty and gave some to each of the girls. 
For November I decided to change the fabric and dress them up a bit so used some Velvet instead which gives them a completely different look. 
It doesn’t get any easier than that!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...