Monday, August 16, 2021

DIY flip flop card

There has been little flip flopping about the weather this summer. It has just been plain hot so we are in our Flip Flops most of the time or at least I am, if I am not barefoot that is. 
The so called lazy days of summer are upon us so I thought, why not make a cute summer themed card. A great project for a warm day. 
It is fun to decorate the inside of the card too so I used a punch to make the itty bitty tag and I happened to have a tiny flip flop rubber stamp which was perfect! The small flower I cut out of the background paper to embellish the tag and a piece of orange bakers twine for the string.
This little note card was quick and easy. To start with I drew some flip flops the size I wanted and then cut them out of craft foam and punched 3 holes in each. Next I cut two pieces of ribbon, folded each piece of ribbon in half and inserted the fold in the top hole and the ends in the other two holes for each flip flop. My mom gave me a fabulous bag of buttons and some great lace recently ❤ which I used to put a little bling on the flip flops and to decorate the card. The blue mounting paper is special as well as it was some that I picked up at cute paper craft shop in Maui. And that's it. Easy Peasy. 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...