Friday, August 13, 2021

Cupcakes & Cobbler

This week I needed a dessert to take to a lunch with one of my best friends who I had not seen in person for over a year. It was hard to choose what to make since I needed something for home as well. After taking into consideration everyone’s favorites and preferences we still ended up with two choices since I could not make up my mind. 
My friend likes German Chocolate Cake however Mr. Wonderful usually prefers something fruity. Since the blackberries are now getting ripe and very plentiful near our house I walked down and picked more than enough for a cobbler which I knew everyone would like.
While I was preparing the cobbler I thought it would be fun to reduce the size of baking dish so that I could put the extra batter into two small Mason jars. That way I would have two individual servings that I could cover with a lid and take to lunch.
So, I went for it and baked them all at the same time and they came out perfectly.
Then it was time to make the German Chocolate cake. Instead of making an entire cake though I made a small batch of six chocolate cupcakes which was a much more reasonable amount. While they were cooling I made the frosting and the coconut topping.
The desserts were finished and ready in time to pack up to take for lunch and enough left over for sweet treats at home. I love when a plan comes together. 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...