Monday, May 24, 2021

A Novel Affair: tea party/luncheon ~ Invitations

Mother's Day Tea Parties in May have been a tradition for our family for more than 20 years. Each one is unique and all the mothers and daughters try to attend if at all possible even when it is out of town. This year Easter was early which put it just a week away from Mother's Day so instead of  having two big family events back to back I decided to plan our special tea party a couple weeks later. Once that was settled I started working on a theme. 
It did not take long to narrow down my ideas to a cute library theme and then I was ready to start working on an invitation. Once I had a sample mocked up I showed it to Miss E to get her opinion. She is always a big help when it comes to reigning in my ideas. Around this same time Mr. Wonderful came up with an idea to do some interior painting at the folks house and suggested that we coordinate the tea party with the painting and invite both parents so that they have something to do while portions of the house are sealed off. It was a great plan however it occurred to me that it might be better to change the invitation design just a bit and refer to it as a luncheon instead. So I worked on the wording and made a few other minor adjustments and came up with A Novel Affair. Our theme was born.
The next step was to figure out the rest of the wording and of course the Title of the book.
There were a lot of fun details including the pocket to hold the library book card which I sewed together on my sewing machine and bookmark which serves as a useful little reminder. 
Also, no two invitations were alike. I used different paper and ribbon color combinations for each one, simply because it was so much fun.
It also needed a cute factor so I added the button flower to the corner and attached a coordinating tassel or ribbon on the bookmark.
To complete the theme I made my own washi® style tape to use as a seal for the envelope. 
Once the invitations were signed, sealed and delivered it was time to start working on the party. I will be back soon with more fun details about our {tea party} luncheon.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...