Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Queen of Hearts QUARAN~TEA PARTY

Due to the coronavirus and social distancing it was not possible to have our annual Mother~Daughter Tea Party last Saturday as I have done for the past eleven years. At least not in the traditional sense. The realization was disappointing and I considered just skipping it this year and it was even mentioned that I should just take this year off however I could not let it go. After much thought on how I could make it happen I decided I would need to mail the tea party or deliver it and with that in mind I thought it would be fun to make a
Tea Party in a Box. 
At first my plan was that everyone would be getting a box which would have been about 10 boxes, give or take, but collecting all that I needed to fill the boxes plus the logistics of delivery got a bit overwhelming since shopping is not what it used to be. As the days went by it became clear that this year the tea party would be a special tea just for my mother 
but with a little twist
which is explained in the directions below.
Next, the tea party needed a theme and since the box was going to my mother I decided on 
Queen of Hearts
QUARAN~TEA PARTY!
And here's the little twist:  The party can also be an online/tele ~ Tea Party. So, if she wants to have tea with the girls we do it from each of our homes which would be fun too.
 
Once the invitation and directions were finished it was time to fill the box with all the tea party necessities:
Tea of course, placemat, plate, doily, napkins, spoons, cookies, Scone Mix in a Jar with baking instructions and of course a china tea cup and saucer. 
I lined the inside of the box with wrapping paper and  
covered the Scone Mix in a Jar with cute fabric and attached baking directions.
Little tea cookies were wrapped up and placed around the box and in the tea cup. 
The scone mix makes six little scones and can be served warm from the oven. The directions come with suggestions for add ins and toppings. While I was at it I made myself a batch too. Mine were lemon with a lemon glaze drizzled over the top.
Of course tea was included and tucked neatly in the holder below. 
My original idea included cloth placemats which match the invitations however, 
the images did not transfer very well onto the fabric so unfortunately I had to nix that idea, at least for this tea party. They were cute though so I thought they were worth sharing. 
There was also a Queen of Hearts crown because that is one of our tea party traditions. 
The box was wrapped and stored for 3 days to be sure it was safe to open. 
The "Queen of Hearts" face~timed me right before she opened the box so we had a little party of 3 { dad joined too } and shared a cup of tea!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...