Friday, March 27, 2020

Food Day Friday: vegetable medley CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

Comfort food seems like a good option these days and what better choice than Chicken Noodle Soup and a Grilled Cheese Sandwich. This week the Man of Steel { aka: the hubs } was out of town for a few days for business so I was home alone, working and holding down the fort. When dinner time rolled around I decided a pot of soup would be nice and the leftover soup would be great for the next couple days. 
Before putting on my apron though, I had to check to be sure I had all the ingredients since our recent trips to our local grocery stores had not been successful. 
Just like so many others we could not find the items on our list but that was okay. We just used what we had on hand which was actually a good thing. 
But I must say, we tried again yesterday and most of the shelves were pretty well stocked so it seems the rush for groceries has settled a bit for now. So, after making sure I had the ingredients for my recipe I  put on my apron and started working on my pot of soup.
While I was prepping it occurred to me that this might be the perfect time to try making a video. It had been on my to~do list for quite a while and in December we picked up a tripod just for that purpose. Over the next few months I fussed around with it but seemed to be intimidated by it all so it just sat there. Well, my family kept encouraging me and for whatever reason this week seemed to be the week I decided to give it a try. So not only is there a recipe below but I have also included my 1st ever, brand new, FOOD VIDEO. It is far from perfect, however, I intend to keep on learning and will be working to improve the quality as I continue to making video's. 


print recipe

by Jennifer Stull

Ingredients
  • 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1/2 pound each), cut into 1-inch pieces, (about 2 cups)
  • 3 teaspoons vegetable oil (divided)
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 2/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • 1 medium clove of garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon
  • 2 quarts water
  • 1 Tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
  • 4 ounces noodles
  • 1 cup frozen cut green beans
  • 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
  • 1 Tablespoon dried parsley

Instructions
1. Saute chicken in 2 teaspoons oil in Dutch oven over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan; set aside.2. Saute onion, red pepper and garlic in remaining 1 teaspoon oil about 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add water, bouillon, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in noodles, bean and carrots. Cook 10 minutes, then add reserved chicken and parsley. 3. Continue cooking until heated through and noodles are tender, about 2 minutes.



Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...