Monday, January 13, 2020

How to make easy Snowman cards and more...

Rain turning to SNOW is in our forecast this week but so far it has just been a rain~snow mix. All we can do at this point is hope for a blanket of white overnight and, in the meantime, work on fun projects such as these cute DIY SNOWMAN cards. 
Most of the cards I make are very simple and do not require much extra equipment such as a cutting machine. Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have one and I have seriously considered it but the basics that I have work just fine for now. I am happy to draw my design and improvise on the construction using my basic tool selection.  For example, the Snowman card above was sketched first and then hand cut except for the holly, hole punch eyes and mouth. 
The Snowman with the scarf was also drawn and hand cut except for the hole punch eyes and snowball head which was cut with a manual circle cutter.
To make the snowflake texture I used my hot glue gun to make varied sizes on dots on a piece of card stock. Once it was completely cool and firm I covered it with another piece of white card stock and ran my 2" wide roller over the top to emboss the paper. That seemed much easier than running out to pick up the perfect paper. The best part was that it worked and made the background stand out a bit more.
It took a few tries to draw a top hat that was just the right size and had the perfect look as did the nose. Once I was satisfied with those I moved onto the second Snowman design and a Penguin card. 
To remember the size and instructions of my projects I like to make templates as shown here. It also makes construction go much faster if I ever decide to make more. 
For the snow on two of the cards I used embossing powder and made dots randomly around the card. Each dot is different, which I like, and the "snowflakes" give it a little texture.
SNOW there you have it! A few winter card projects that are fun and easy to make, especially on snow days!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...