Saturday, June 15, 2019

We Still Do BBQ Invitations ~ Denim & Diamonds

Oh my,  how time flies! It has been a busy year so far and there is still more to come. June 2019 happens to be extra special as it is our parents
60th Wedding Anniversary
this month and we are planning a celebration!
Since this is the "DIAMOND" anniversary we decided on a Denim & Diamonds party theme and to keep it casual it will be a family backyard BBQ.  Once the theme was decided I got to work on the invitations.
 My original idea was to print stitching around the edges which would have been so easy. However, the card stock was not printed to look like denim but actually covered with fabric so I changed my mind and decided to sew the edges instead. 
I used the paperclips to hold the pocket in place while I sewed the square onto the rectangle.
There ended up being a lot of parts to assemble but they went together fairly quick.
Once the invitation was sewn together it was time to added some bling! 
Also, the cute little pocket really needed something tucked inside to make it stand out a bit more so I decided to make a save the date tag just for fun. 
To finish the back I stamped each invitation with a pretty heart. 
In the beginning I was not sure which color to use so I made invites using both the light and dark. After consulting with Miss E about which denim to send the guests we decided that the lighter colored version looked more casual and coordinated with the overall theme.
The invitations have been sent and my sisters and I { aka: Three Sisters Events Co. } are busy preparing for the backyard BBQ and praying for good weather!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...