Thursday, October 12, 2017

Sunday Supper ~ beef stew

This is a new recipe I tried on Sunday called Beef Bourguignon which is the fancy name for french beef stew. I actually found it in one of my old favorite cookbooks and thought Sunday Supper would be a good time to give it a try. 
My go~to stew, which is a combination of two recipes, is much easier and takes less time to prepare so I wasn't sure if this new one would be worth the extra time and effort but curiosity got the best of me. 
I actually adjusted the recipe a bit with some ideas from a couple other sources I found however the recipes were basically all very similar. The stew took about 4 hours to make start to finish but it was well worth it. We all loved it!
To complete our meal I made 3 loaves of homemade french bread, rustic mashed red potatoes, our family favorite ~ 3 bean salad { although the way I make it is really 4 beans but who's counting, right? } and a fresh apple cake topped with a warm caramel drizzle. I will definitely be making this again.

Happy Thursday!


1 comment:

  1. I haven't made Beef Bourguignon in many years and you inspire me to want do it again. It's a great dish! Yours look especially wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...