Friday, May 15, 2015

Breakfast at Tiffany's { tea party invites }

I decided on 
Breakfast at Tiffany's 
as the theme of this years
Mother ~ Daughter Tea Party.
I wanted to make invites that resembled a Tiffany's shopping bag with a "gift" inside containing the invitation so I created each of the 3 main parts as well as the envelope. I used jewels to embellish the actual invitation, satin ribbon for the "box", added handles to the "shopping bag" and stamped a chandelier on the back of the envelope to tie it all together. Once I had my invites designed I needed a square envelope so I used some leftover silver foil lined Costco envelopes that I had saved from my Christmas photo cards and cut them down to fit the square invites. It worked perfectly. I knew they would require extra postage so I asked Ron to take a few to the post office to find out just how much. Unfortunately, not only were they going to cost an arm and a leg to mail, the post master did not like the fancy font I used for my address labels on the envelopes AND there was only 1 Post Office that had a machine that could handle a square envelope and of course that Post Office was across town...UGH.
Since time was running short I decided to make a Save the Date evite to email to everyone and then hand delivered the traditional invitations.
I will be posting photos of our very fun Breakfast at Tiffany's Tea Party over the next several days which will include decorations, games, food and 
The Crown

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Great start for a great tea party! The excitement builds.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...