Wednesday, April 29, 2015

SUPER MARIO "30th" Birthday Party

Sunday we celebrated TWO "30th" Birthdays! 
Our oldest son and his wife both have birthdays in April and since this was their big "three ~ O" I wanted to do something fun. I did a little research and was reminded that Nintendo came out with Super Mario Bros in 1985 so thought that would be the perfect theme since it has lots of fun characters and bright colors.  
I made a colorful banner using card stock for the flags and found checkered tissue paper in my wrapping supplies which I glued to poster board for contrasting flags. I also made double sided "30 ~ UP" mushroom decorations and cut out lots of dots in various colors and sizes to decorate the table. 
I wanted some photo props so I made Mario and Luigi hats and mustaches, a Princess Peach crown and some fun red lips.
For dinner we had a Texas style BBQ and I served cupcakes, stamped star shaped sugar cookies and an apple pie for dessert.
Lots of theme related candy too!
Princess Peach Rings
Gold Coins
 Atomic Fire Balls 
and
colorful gum balls
I also made a couple birthday graphics in bright colors to match the table.
Happy "30th" Birthday J & C!




1 comment:

  1. .....and a great time was had by all! 💫

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...