Friday, May 29, 2015

Breakfast at Tiffany's { Crown }

Each year I make a CROWN for our Tea Party Guest of Honor,
 our Mother.
Every crown is handmade ,  theme related and no two are alike.
I begin by sketching out my idea, then making a sample and finally I make the Crown that will be given to her. 
This year I thought it would be fun to make some simple tiara's to give to the other Tea Party guests so at the last minute I squeezed what should have been a quick and easy project onto my to do list. Unfortunately, in my rush, I forgot to put the paper lining on the backs of the tiara's before I glued them to the hair combs and as a result they did not stick well to the combs.  After trying one on I could tell that they would not work without the paper backing attached and by this point I had no time left to go back add it so, needless to say, I did not give out the tiara's. 
Usually on the back of each crown I attach a personalized label which includes the party information, however this crown was not as big as the others so I only had room for a small Tiffany & Co. label which I made to fit the space and then adhered it to the back. Also, since the crown was so little I attached it to a headband which worked really well.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. It's been great to "relive" the tea party with your blog story. Thank you again for such a wonderful party.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...