Saturday, February 23, 2013

more Valentine Lollipops

Earlier in February I shared a  sneak peek of a 
that I had made. I was so excited about these lollipops and was anxious to get them posted since the next day was Valentines Day. Unfortunately I did not have time that morning to finish taking pictures of all the lollipops or write more about my
 lollipop making experience 
because they had taken a bit longer to make than I had planned. 
So, now I am finally back with the rest of my 
perfectly imperfect 
Valentine Lollipops!
♥
What you see here is my 2nd attempt at making lollipops. My first batch of candy did not turn out as expected {it was opaque and I wanted transparent} so I started again with a new recipe which looked more promising.  I was very pleased the second time around although I could use some practice shaping the hot candy into perfect circles before it hardens. A candy mold is probably the answer, however, there may be something to be said for irregular shaped lollipops...possibly, 
handmade
 with 
love!
♥
These sweet lollipops are simple to make. The only ingredients you need are corn syrup, sugar and water. Flavoring is optional however I wanted to experiment so I added a little peppermint extract which we really liked.
♥
You will also need a candy thermometer. 
This vintage thermometer was handed down to me and is the one I always use. It has been in our family for a long time and still works great. 
 ♥
The RECIPE I used can be found HERE.

♥ ♥ ♥

I thought this was fun...

...a spatula that looks like a lollipop!

{ I ♥ holiday spatula's! }

More holiday themed lollipops??
I haven't decided but it is definitely a possibility!

♥

from my list of one thousand gifts 

::Parents/Grandparents::texts and calls from college kids::father/daughter preparing dinner::sisters::dinner with friends::days getting longer::the sound of birds singing::the first spring flowers getting ready to bloom::a very special Grand Surprise::safe travel::


Have a lovely Day!

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling we'll be seeing some Easter and St. Patrick's Day lollipops soon!!!! Will be hard to beat the Valentine ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...