Saturday, February 23, 2013

more Valentine Lollipops

Earlier in February I shared a  sneak peek of a 
that I had made. I was so excited about these lollipops and was anxious to get them posted since the next day was Valentines Day. Unfortunately I did not have time that morning to finish taking pictures of all the lollipops or write more about my
 lollipop making experience 
because they had taken a bit longer to make than I had planned. 
So, now I am finally back with the rest of my 
perfectly imperfect 
Valentine Lollipops!
What you see here is my 2nd attempt at making lollipops. My first batch of candy did not turn out as expected {it was opaque and I wanted transparent} so I started again with a new recipe which looked more promising.  I was very pleased the second time around although I could use some practice shaping the hot candy into perfect circles before it hardens. A candy mold is probably the answer, however, there may be something to be said for irregular shaped lollipops...possibly, 
handmade
 with 
love!

These sweet lollipops are simple to make. The only ingredients you need are corn syrup, sugar and water. Flavoring is optional however I wanted to experiment so I added a little peppermint extract which we really liked.

You will also need a candy thermometer. 
This vintage thermometer was handed down to me and is the one I always use. It has been in our family for a long time and still works great. 
 
The RECIPE I used can be found HERE.

♥ ♥ 

I thought this was fun...

...a spatula that looks like a lollipop!

I holiday spatula's! }

More holiday themed lollipops??
I haven't decided but it is definitely a possibility!


from my list of one thousand gifts 

::Parents/Grandparents::texts and calls from college kids::father/daughter preparing dinner::sisters::dinner with friends::days getting longer::the sound of birds singing::the first spring flowers getting ready to bloom::a very special Grand Surprise::safe travel::


Have a lovely Day!

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling we'll be seeing some Easter and St. Patrick's Day lollipops soon!!!! Will be hard to beat the Valentine ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...