Sunday, November 18, 2012

{MIA} & DIY Door Decor

I'm back! 
Life got a little busy as it usually does this time of year
{you may have noticed that I've been Missing In Action the last couple of weeks}
AND 
while I was short on time my picture storage filled up AGAIN which means I have to free up some more space in order to upload photos to post here. A little blog housekeeping you might say. I do have some new posts in the works, including a recipe request which I hope to share this week however for today I thought I would show you one way we decorate for special occasions.
I have been making posters, signs and banners for special occasions such as birthdays, sports, graduations, holidays and welcome home, for as long as I can remember. I attach them to the mantel, windows, mirrors, doors, walls, just about anywhere. For many, many years I hung a special banner on our front door to announce birthdays and taped up handmade posters in different places inside, and even outside, the house, each one a new design.
For the last several years I have been decorating the front of the bedroom doors to celebrate birthdays. 
This is the newest 
DIY Door Decor!
I made the pom poms out of tissue paper, used my circle cutter to make the polka dots
for the door and banner and printed the sign
to match.
Such a simple and fun way to celebrate! 

Happy Thanksgiving Week!







2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...