Thursday, May 17, 2012

"My Favorite Things" invites

These are the invitations I made for my
Mother/Daughter Tea Party 
this year. 
The theme is 
"My Favorite Things" 
so I made my invites with "brown paper.... tied up in strings".  
For the envelopes I made a template the size that would hold the invite and then I traced and cut them out of recycled grocery bags, being careful to work around the printing. I lined each one with paper lace doilies and then ironed them to make the folds crisp.  
To continue the theme I designed the invitation with vintage graphics and fonts and used recycled wrapping paper liner which is the same brown as the paper bags, just not quite as thick or textured, and printed the party information on that. I wrapped a "brown paper" band around the middle and then a paper lace doily around the invite and used "string" to tie it all together before putting it in the envelope. 
Below are the templates I designed for the front and back of the invitation which also match the "Save the Date" e~postcard which you can see here.[A few of the graphics I found here.] 
Coming soon....
"My Favorite Things"
tea party details!

linking to:


●●●●●

from my list of one thousand gifts

a hummingbird playing in the water coming from my hose as I watered the plants::a new song composed by our youngest son::coffee with a friend::amazing meals prepared by my family


4 comments:

  1. The invitations are beautiful. Your tea parties are one of MY favorite things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for starting our mother/daughter tea party tradition!

      Delete
  2. cute, cute, cute. Jennifer, you are a great designer!

    p.s. send Emily over here to make that mother's day cake!!!--that just about had me salivating on my keyboard...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...