Saturday, May 14, 2016

Run for the Roses { tea party decorations }

With a theme like 
Run for the Roses 
it is not hard to guess that our 
annual mother ~ daughter tea party was decorated with 
lots of ROSES!
For starters, I wanted a horseshoe on the front door. I did some research and most of the beautiful Kentucky Derby horseshoe wreaths were a bit spendy so I decided to make my own. I reused some foam board that I had, drew a large horseshoe, traced it on the foam board and cut it out. I didn't want the stark white board to show so I searched my supplies and found some red spray paint and gave it a coat of paint on both sides. Then I began folding crepe paper roses. Lots of them. Once I had a good supply I hot glued them on the horseshoe. 
Fun Fact:
It took 52 ROSES to cover the horseshoe!
I also folded crepe paper roses for two topiaries. I used straight pins to attach the roses to styrofoam balls which I set on top of vases. I liked using pins better than hot glue for this project since the pins allowed me to adjust the roses. 
Fun Fact:
It took 50+ ROSES for EACH topiary!
I made ribbons for the chairs and one for the banister.
I also thought it would be fun to have a banner so I cut circle roses and then used a needle to pull string through each one. The banner was not very long so we decided to hang it over a door. 
We had Derby style tea party drinks which included crystal decanters full of iced tea and festive mint julep cups. 

I am hoping to have the Run for the Roses tea party menu and southern style treats posted soon.

Have Super Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. The number of roses you made just staggers me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roses were stunning!!!๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...