Thursday, May 12, 2016

Run for the Roses { tea party invitations }


Last Saturday was my Mother ~ Daughter Tea Party. I decided on a Kentucky Derby theme this year since the race happened to be on the same day and because I thought fancy hats and derby attire would be fun. 
The Kentucky Derby is also known as the Run for the Roses which I really liked and thought would be an easy theme for invites and decorating. Once I had my idea I sketched out an invitation and then cut a template. I typed up and printed the wording for the center and then cut and assembled all the parts.
As an extra embellishment I
thought I would make folded roses and attach one to each invite. After making a couple samples for sizing I then traced, cut, folded and glued 96 ovals to make 12 red roses.
However, it wasn't until I completely finished and slipped the first invite into the lined envelope I realized it was too bulky and might not fit through the post office mailing machine, so I ended up only making one with the rose attached, which I hand delivered.
After the strap on the invitation is removed the attached horseshoe opens like a card to reveal the tea party details underneath. 
Tomorrow I will post my Run for the Roses tea party decorations.

Have a beautiful day!


2 comments:

  1. Little did you know that the invitations would never go through stamp machine. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...