Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Rose Cake

I am finally back from my little hiatus 
and thought I would start off by sharing this 
Rose Cake 
that I made for 
Mother's Day 
on Sunday. 
I have made this 3 layer cake before, however, this is my first try at buttercream frosting roses. 
The roses were very fun to make and I am anxious to find an excuse to make another Rose Cake.

Also,  in case you are wondering why in the world my Mother's Day cake has a "Derby" banner on top or why I decided on red frosting?
Well, last Saturday happened to be the 
Kentucky Derby 
and since the race was on the same day as my annual 
Mother ~ Daughter Tea Party 
I thought it would be fun to use it as this years theme!
I have lots to share and will begin posting tea party details tomorrow.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...