Saturday, June 17, 2023

GONE FISHING ~ sugar cookies

The hubs went shad fishing yesterday with our neighbor and kids who are grade school age. This was their first time fishing so the hubs was along to teach them what he knows, as he is a lifelong fisherman. He asked me if I would make some cookies for him to take and of course I was excited to do it.
It just so happens that I have a “FISH” cookie cutter which was perfect for a batch of sugar cookies however I did not have time to frost them as the request was made just a few hours before they were leaving. So, in lieu of frosting, I stamped them instead.
To make them even cuter I used a mini chocolate chip for the eye and sprinkles in the “O’s”. I also made a small hole for the mouth and strung the fish up with ribbon.
With the extra cookie dough I made rectangle stamped cookies to coordinate with the theme.
To finish them off I painted on a few details with a food coloring mixture and my food safe paint brush. Needless to say, no two fish were alike. Thankfully they were finished and ready to go in the nick of time.
The cookies were a hit and SO WAS FISHING.
They caught their “first” fish plus 9 others…wow!
It was a FUN day!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...