Thursday, September 3, 2020

Bridal Shower DIY Burlap Banner

The projects around here lately have been many and there are a lot of fun things to share. I thought I would start with my DIY burlap banner. 
I had some leftover burlap and wanted to use to make into a banner for my nieces Bridal Shower so I made a simple template. Next, I needed a heart shape to use as a guide to cut my sponge for stamping. To be sure it was the right size I cut out a heart from the middle of my flag template and  used that as a guide to cut my sponge. Easy Peasy!
Once all the flags were cutout it was time to paint.
Can you believe I still have Pokémon paper plates?! It came in handy and was the perfect size for my stamping paint.  Once the paint dried I decided the flags needed some lace and while I was sewing on the lace I just stitched around each of the flags to keep the edges neat and tidy. 
That was it. The banner was ready for hanging. 
I used small wood clothes pins to attach the flags to twine and then we hung it in our apple tree. A very fun and easy banner for the Backyard Bridal Shower and that is just the start. I have more Backyard Bridal Shower projects to share so be sure to check back. 

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...