Tuesday, July 28, 2020

"NEW" ~ summer & fall Face Masks

It has become clear that you can never have enough face masks these days, at least for us, so I decided to have a supply on hand. In order to keep things simple and limit shopping trips I challenged myself to make them with fabric from my stash which has been fun. I have found all types of great fabrics and trims that I had forgotten about and have now made into something useful.
At the same time I have been making changes and improvements to my face masks such as adjustable elastic for a comfortable fit around the ears and now a new removable nose wire.
On some face masks I had intentionally made them without nose wire since there are some that do not care for that feature. For my trial run with the removable wire I added a small pocket in the back of one I had already finished to see how I liked it. It worked great and so now I sew an outside nose wire pocket to the back when making the masks. I also discovered Pipe Cleaner wire which I happened to have in my craft supplies. I really like it because it stays in place and it is so soft. 
Sometimes you need a face mask that is a little more dressy so I made a few from some metallic cotton fabric.
Denim is very versatile and this denim happens to be extra soft. I have made several of these and they are lined with either red and white gingham or red paisley hankie print fabric. 
It is never too earlier to prepare for fall. It will be here before we know it.  Hopefully these will match an outfit or can be used for a special occasion but, either way, they will be put to good use.  
There are more face masks in the works so I will be back with more.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...