Wednesday, July 15, 2020

DIY wood pallet projects

Every so often I drive by businesses that have a stack of wood pallets outside of their building with the word “free” written on a sign in big letters and placed on top which always fills my head with endless ideas of how to repurpose them. 
Those thoughts finally became a reality a few weeks ago when I convinced Mr. Wonderful how wonderful wood pallets could be and he is now on board. 
Not only did he go and pick them up for me but he is also taking my ideas and turning them into some fun things. Before he could start any of the projects though he had to take the pallets apart because, for most, only single boards were needed. 
The wonderful boards with printed words and numbers went into separate pile to be saved for something special but yet to be determined. 
In the meantime, the first boards were made into hexagons to be used for decorations. I wasn’t quite sure what dimensions would work the best so I ask if he could make me a sample. 
He not only made the sample I asked for but multiple samples and in different sizes to boot
They are all wonderful so now I may want more in all sizes
He also made a couple rustic boxes which are great and have a lot of possibilities. We may need a few more of those as well. 
Within a few days we had already moved on to bigger and better things with our free wood pallets. In fact, the newest project is currently under construction and will take about another week.  
Once it is finished I will be sure to share it here. { If I can wait that long! }

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...